Posting – Full time Behavior Technician
SBSA is currently looking for Full Time Behavior Technicians to provide 1:1, 1:2 and small group ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) treatment sessions to children with autism.
Full time hours M-F 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Primary job responsibility is to work with children with autism in either a 1:1, 1:2 or small group session and to facilitate peer interactions. Receive 1:1 supervision from supervisors through observation and/or videos. In addition, Behavior Technicians are required to attend weekly team meetings and scheduled skill set meetings. This is a Full-Time, Non-Exempt status position.
- Organize and maintain instructional area.
- Prepare and keep reinforcement and needed materials accessible.
- Delivers instruction following procedures learned from initial and ongoing training sessions and based on feedback given from supervisors.
- Collect and analyze data accurately following SBSA procedures.
- Maintain designated child’s program book.
- Monitor designated child’s IEP/Treatment Plan objectives and the progression of goals.
- Implements specific behavior plans as directed by supervisors.
- Demonstrates accurate implementation of specific skill sets as taught in initial and ongoing training sessions and based on feedback from supervisors.
- Identifies when interventions are needed for specific children and programs.
- Communicates in a professional manner with coworkers and parents
- Minimum of 2 years college in Social Work, Psychology, Education, Intervention Specialist or related field, Bachelors Degree preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to complete trainings and utilize that information in daily therapies
- Ability to perform emergency medical procedures when necessary
- Ability to accurately document required therapy data
- Communicates self in a professional manner with coworkers and parents
- Ability to follow all SBSA policies and procedures
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Comprehensive and Ongoing Training
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance for Full Time employees
- 4 Weeks PAID Time Off for Full Time Employees