Posting – Morrow County Behavioral Technician
Job Title: Behavior Technician Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary job responsibility is to work with children with autism in a small group classroom and to facilitate peer interactions. This is a Full-Time, Non-Exempt status position. School year only, unless consumers participate in the extended school year.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Organize and maintain instructional area.
- Prepare and keep reinforcement and needed materials accessible.
- Delivers instruction following procedures learned from initial and ongoing training sessions and based on feedback given from supervisors.
- Collect and analyze data accurately following SBSA procedures.
- Maintain designated child’s program book.
- Monitor designated child’s IEP/Treatment Plan objectives and the progression of goals.
- Complete quarter review forms for designated child when assigned by Supervisors.
- Conduct re-enforcer assessments and deliver reinforcement following principles as learned in initial and ongoing training sessions and based on feedback from supervisors.
- Implements specific behavior plans as directed by supervisors.
- Demonstrates accurate implementation of specific skill sets as taught in initial and ongoing training sessions and based on feedback from supervisors.
- Identifies when interventions are needed for specific children and programs.
- Education: Minimum qualifications for the position of Behavior Technician Level I require that you have at least 2 years of college in psychology or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exemplary attendance
- High degree of flexibility